Monday, April 12, 2010

Get her naked.

I took off the fender to see how bad the rust was underneath.
I was worried since there were some pinholes at the bottom of the fender.

Got the fender off.

Managed to snap a few bolts in the process.

Rust turned out to be a non-issue.
Just a bit on the surface of the metal.

Lots of random tree droppings and spider webs.

On another note, I've been trying to clean up the engine bay.
Removed the hard fuel lines.
Removed brackets via a fancy spot weld removing drill bit.
Also trying to clean up the cowl, I removed the wiper motor and wiper arms. Gonna smooth over the wiper holes in the cowl for a clean look.

Going to remove the passenger fender tomorrow and wrap up some things and soon it's off to the body shop...