Thursday, May 27, 2010

The other car.

Abandoned so I could finish the datsun.
Runs, drives, and slams so isss good.

All it needs is paint and interior.
Eventually I want to redo the rear suspension
Right now it's air over leaf, but I want to put in some arms and a torsion bar.
Maybe in 10 years.


Old on left. New on right.

New on left. Old on right.

My ISKY cam showed up yesterday. 
Now all I need are appropriate lash pads.
THEN its done...until something else pops up.
Luckily I have extra heads lying around so I can scavenge parts.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday, May 21, 2010

ARP head studs installed. 
Just waiting for my new valves and cam. 
Then its done.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Engine Work

Rebuilding/upgrading an E31 head.
It was already rebuilt, but the valves/rockers were re-used (they look nasty). 
And I needed to swap out the springs.

Schneider springs on the left vs stock springs on the right.

Thursday, May 6, 2010


Before I took the car to the body shop I decided to get some rusty areas blasted.
Thanks to Jeff (who has a sweet miata btw. ITBs, Penskes, etc) who let me use his trailer.
Here's how it turned out:

Ready to go get painted:

A lot of engine related updates from here on out since the car is gone