By my car so I can paint the Z.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I've been trying to clean up the engine bay as much as possible.
Removed the fuel lines.
Removed the hard vacuum line.
Hid the wiring harness.
Took out a bunch of other useless stuff.
And welded up some holes.
Now you see the holes
Now you don't
I ran out of welding wire so I couldn't finish closing up all of the smaller bolt/screw holes.
Schneider valve springs & retainers
Old TURBO TOM intake manifold and custom turbo relocater for use with the intake manifold.
Its kind of weird as the original turbo tom kit came with a custom exhaust manifold which placed the turbo towards the front of the engine.
The Stock l28et manifold puts the stock turbo at the rear of the engine. The adapter pictures uses the stock l28et manifold and puts the TURBO TOM T-66 turbo in the same location as the TURBO TOM exhaust manifold.
Anyways I got the turbo stuff for free. I'll end up using it some day probably on the old L24.
Gotta keep it OG.
Monday, April 12, 2010
I took off the fender to see how bad the rust was underneath.
I was worried since there were some pinholes at the bottom of the fender.
Got the fender off.
Managed to snap a few bolts in the process.
Rust turned out to be a non-issue.
Just a bit on the surface of the metal.
Lots of random tree droppings and spider webs.
On another note, I've been trying to clean up the engine bay.
Removed the hard fuel lines.
Removed brackets via a fancy spot weld removing drill bit.
Also trying to clean up the cowl, I removed the wiper motor and wiper arms. Gonna smooth over the wiper holes in the cowl for a clean look.
Going to remove the passenger fender tomorrow and wrap up some things and soon it's off to the body shop...